Thread: Weapons, Abilities, and Power-Ups

Default Weapons, Abilities, and Power-Ups

When you begin the game, you will be given the oppurtunity to take two abilities with you to Dante's Abyss. Only they will be usable. The following are not permitted:

Healing
    Teleportation
    Ki Sense
    Any form of flying

You will also be swiped off all of your items, with the exception of armors and cloaks.

Power-Ups do not count as abilities. You get to bring them with you regardless. The Enhanced Bio Suit is under this category too, so read up if you own one:

You must PM Burter Jr and tell me when you choose to use an ability. You'll say "I'd like to use SSJ2 in the next fight I'm in." You must do this BEFORE the fight is actually announced. When the fight is announced, everything is locked in.

You can PM Burter Jr and tell him that you wish to use a power-up if someone else uses a power-up. I'd do it then. But I reserve the right to have you use a power-up anyway if it appears that your character is going to get pwned by someone with x40, or a similar situation. That's just logic sense, I won't have your character stand and get his ass kicked when he could even things out. I'll try to avoid situations where I do this, but sometimes it can't be.

When you use a power-up you will be tired for a certain amount of time.

x25 or less = 6 hours IC
    x40 = 12 hours IC
    Fusion = 18 hours IC
    x60 = 24 hours IC

During this time you will be slightly weakened and will be unable to use the power-up until then.
    Join Date Apr 2006
    Posts 280

So... Namekians can regenerate? Or does that count as healing?
    First and current League Champion: Holder of the Torrent badge of Earth.

Reb: ya know
    Reb: I think you're a fucking moron OOC
    Reb: but I have to hand it to you
    Reb: you've turned into a really good writer
    Join Date Nov 2005
    Posts 263

No, they can't. The collar will limit what your body allows you do. The Buus are also exempt from regeneration. The skin you walk in with is all you get, you won't be recreating more
    [M] Booty Bandit
    Join Date Jan 2006
    Location Earf
    Posts 363

So...lemme get this straight...we CAN use spiritken. I didn't put it on my datasheet because I was under the impression we weren't allowed to do that. Does it need to be on my sheet in order for me to use it?

Fuck you, Photobucket.
    Rubberband Man
    Join Date Oct 2005
    Location the floor is cold and I hear running water
    Posts 206

Default RE: Weapons, Abilities, and Power-Ups

Originally posted by Violet
    So...lemme get this straight...we CAN use spiritken. I didn't put it on my datasheet because I was under the impression we weren't allowed to do that. Does it need to be on my sheet in order for me to use it?
    Originally posted by Krillin
    Power-Ups do not count as abilities. You get to bring them with you regardless.
    I said to read the whole thing >_<
    People are dumb, essentially.
    Join Date Nov 2005
    Posts 263

Default RE: Weapons, Abilities, and Power-Ups

Originally posted by Krillin
    Power-Ups do not count as abilities. You get to bring them with you regardless.
    Contrary to popular belief, reading DOES work
    [M] Booty Bandit
    Join Date Jan 2006
    Location Earf
    Posts 363

Well, I posted that question before I saw your response in the forum, Buu. =\ I was just under the impression we couldn't use it. Don;t know where I got it from, but if it needs to be added to my sheet, can I please get it added?

Fuck you, Photobucket.
    Join Date Nov 2005
    Posts 263

It doesn't need to be added to your sheet.
    Banned
    Join Date Nov 2004
    Posts 508

Ok, I'm going to sound completely stupid and I have read the rules, but I just want it clear cut.

If a fight occurs, then you HAVE to pm BJ and tell him that you wish or wish not to power up?

Or

Can you just ask to have him power you up IF they power up and if they don't, then you don't want to power up?

Also, will you be notified VIA PM when/if you fall into a fight, or will it just be posted and if you're not paying attention, then that's your fault?

The moment the fight is announced "Face to Face: Android 13 vs. Reijin" things are locked in. You don't get that moment to message him asap and say "omg lemme power up i didn't plan on fighting this guy!!!"

He may let you power up if its like four people at full power vs Rad; he's not going to gay Rad and say "Well, you could have powered up, but you just didn't and got owned." unless it is some surprise attack with obvious advantage on their side.

So you can tell him in advance if you are definate. Otherwise, its up to his discretion as to whether you do or not based on what he feels writes better.

"I'm gonna fuck that unicorrrrrn"
    Join Date Nov 2005
    Posts 263

You have to send it to me BEFORE a fight occurs. When I post the fight, it's locked.

If someone is going to power-up and you choose not to, then I will likely make you power-up anyway unless you specifically say not to

But to answer your question, send it in BEFORE. Say "If a fight happens with me in it, I'd like to use a power-up."

You can ask for it to only happen against certain people if you want

EDIT:

Go Reijin =o
    [A]dmin a-go-go
    Join Date Dec 2002
    Posts 738

Originally posted by Reijin
    He may let you power up if its like four people at full power vs Rad; he's not going to gay Rad and say "Well, you could have powered up, but you just didn't and got owned." unless it is some surprise attack with obvious advantage on their side.
    Does that apply as well?

"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
    Join Date Nov 2005
    Posts 263

Yea. I mean, I'm not gonna just have you get pwned by 5 people that have powered up, when you arn't tired and can even things up, know what I mean?
    Join Date Apr 2006
    Posts 280

Everyone should gang those with 50 million Ki and higher!
    First and current League Champion: Holder of the Torrent badge of Earth.

Reb: ya know
    Reb: I think you're a fucking moron OOC
    Reb: but I have to hand it to you
    Reb: you've turned into a really good writer
    Banned
    Join Date Nov 2004
    Posts 508

*adds Retane to hit list*

So as for the *IC* times, how does that work, for resting I mean. is every OOC day = to 6 hours? I only ask becuase each IC day has four OOC days between them.
    Join Date Nov 2005
    Posts 263

-_-

One day OOC is six hours IC. So four days OOC = 1 day IC.
    Join Date Aug 2004
    Location Sasquatchewan.
    Posts 448

Originally posted by Burter Jr
    You can ask for it to only happen against certain people if you want
    So I can say "Anybody with so-and-so much of ki, I go RAGE on their asses"?

"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
    Join Date Nov 2005
    Posts 263

No. That's too specific. I can't keep track of things that well
    [SM] Again
    Join Date Jan 2004
    Posts 1,195

...you realize this ended, right?

Want a cookie?
    [SM] Again
    Join Date Jan 2004
    Posts 1,195