Thread: Legal Cloning: Violet/MB vs BJ/Gokua

Join Date Nov 2005
    Posts 263

Default Legal Cloning: Violet/MB vs BJ/Gokua

Topic Description: If Cloning was possible, should it be legal?

Violet and Majin Buu are FOR cloning

Burter Jr and Gokua are AGAINST cloning

Four days. Go.
    [M] Booty Bandit
    Join Date Jan 2006
    Location Earf
    Posts 363

http://www.ornl.gov/sci/techresource.../cloning.shtml

First things first. Above, you will find the link to the definition of cloning, what it is, how it was discovered and all that good stuff. If you're going to argue something, you may as well know what it is first. =P

My arguement is FOR cloning, and only for medical and science purposes. If you think about it, if cloning were legal for humans, just think of what the medical community could learn, the lives they can save. Who's DNA is more compatable with your own than your own clone? The doctors already have a long list of patients waiting for organ transplants, why not harvest them from the patient's clone, which would be in perfect working order? This would truely dwindle the list of transplant patients in the world, and probably lower the death rate for those people.

Scientifically, scientists could test out new vaccines and study human evolution, there is so much to actually be done, new paths not even thought about if only we were allowed to clone.

I know you guys are probably looking more along the ethical lines, like, "Wouldn't the clone be a living being as well?" Of course.

A misconception of alot of people is that when you clone something, as in the case of Dolly the sheep, they don't come as full grown adults. Clones start as babies, and grow normally as we do. They have thoughts, dreams, goals, or at least they would.

Suppose that a family's child were killed unexpectedly. Would you not want that child back? Cloning is the answer here. It is a chance for a family to be whole again, having their kid back.

But, anyhoo, this is to start us out, guys. Shabam!

Fuck you, Photobucket.
    Dickroll'd
    Join Date May 2006
    Location in ur butt
    Posts 160

(I believe it is me and BJ's turn? If so, I will go.)

Violet, you are correct that scientists could use clones to find new vaccinces and antidotes for illnesses. However, like you stated, clones are also human beings and deserve to live a normal life where scientists do not use them as lab mice.

Sure you could make a clone donate organs to the original, but the clone may not want to participate in that.

Though you may believe that it would be helpful, it is not. Cloning more human beings means more mouths to feed, which would result in more global starvation.

People would be save, yes. But to who's expense? The clones, which also have lives.

Also, who is to say that you should play god? Why do you get to decide that you want to be able to replicate people to better science? It just isn't right by standards. People would not except something such as that.

Lastly, about the child comment you brought up. First of all, yes the clone would be an exact duplicate of that child, but the clone would have its own thoughts. They would not be the same person. Also, you cannot replace a child with some wannabe. It isn't that easy to do. Lastly, if the parents wanted another child then they should mate and have another child. There is no need to resort to replication.

(Well, if i am correct in the fact that is was BJ and my turn, then there.)

Third Place in Dante's Abyss 2008
    And with a shitty tier. That's gotta account for something . . . right?
    Join Date Jul 2006
    Posts 209

Originally posted by Violet

My arguement is FOR cloning, and only for medical and science purposes. If you think about it, if cloning were legal for humans, just think of what the medical community could learn, the lives they can save. Who's DNA is more compatable with your own than your own clone? The doctors already have a long list of patients waiting for organ transplants, why not harvest them from the patient's clone, which would be in perfect working order? This would truely dwindle the list of transplant patients in the world, and probably lower the death rate for those people.

unfortunatly most of the diseases and such that cause the need for transplants run in families. Such as the kidney disease that i possess, i'm guessing at least 60% of the diseases are passed down. so unless they found a way to completely remove that gene or something then i would be against it.

(Just bumped a super old thread. my bad)