Thread: Anyone still play this?

[A]dmin a-go-go
    Join Date Dec 2002
    Posts 738

For KB, you can either take Acrobatics from the Leaping power pool (its the fourth power) or you can slot it with a KB Res proc from one of the invention sets. For DA, which is mostly res, you'll want to look for the Steadfast Protection proc. One you have the IO, you can slot it into any power that takes res enhancements. Alternatively, if you don't want to use one of your armor slots for that, you can put the Karma KB resist (which does the same thing, but its for defense, not res) into Combat Jumping or Hover.

My Willpower/Dual tanker just hit 18. I'm absolutely loving the Willpower set. Its almost like playing Regen, but better.

And yeah, stromers aren't usually fun to play with.

"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
    [A]dmin a-go-go
    Join Date Dec 2002
    Posts 738

Also, Hover works as a kind of pseudo KB protection. You still get "knockback" but its a short animation and you don't actually move anywhere.

Probably don't want to do that as a scrapper, but I thought I'd mention it nonetheless.

[A]dmin a-go-go
    Join Date Dec 2002
    Posts 738

So I just made a Dark Armor scrapper and I was looking through the powers. You have two problems with Dark Armor. The first is the lack of KB protection and the second is the placement of the Immob protection. For some reason, they put your Immob protection in the stealth power for DA. Not sure who decided that would be a good idea, but its not going to be worth the endurance to run another toggle just for Immob protection.

You're best bet will be to take Combat Jumping to take care of Immob protection (and end cost isn't an issue since CJ is, quite literally, almost free) and then slot it with the "Karma: Knockback Protection" Invention.

That's what I'll be doing. Though, I also have an extra Karma proc sitting in my inventory, so I don't have to worry about trying to pay for one.

OMG the west coast servers went down! There's a million spammers on Freedom!

p.s. I decided Justice and Virtue are way better servers, too bad they're down right now ;_;
    [A]dmin a-go-go
    Join Date Dec 2002
    Posts 738

Yeah, I was more than a little annoyed to see that Justice was down. I really want to play my scrapper now.

=(

I tried making a fire/kinetics controller but then I realized I hated being a controller, and I don't want to have to play the game all over again as something I've pretty much already been. It was fun, but not my thing. I also tried making an all human peacebringer but I guess it doesn't work too well. I might respec and take nova form only but I still haven't decided :/
    [A]dmin a-go-go
    Join Date Dec 2002
    Posts 738

A single form Kheld is pretty hard to do. Being a Kheld period is a lot like playing the game on hard mode. If you do, I'd definitely suggest being a peacebringer and figuring out how you can get as much mez protection as possible from IOs and pool powers.

The plus to being a Kheld is that you don't have to worry about travel powers and they have a lot of powers that are good individually. The problem is that a lot of the powers don't synergize that well with each other. A lot of the powers work best when you use them while jumping from one form to another. Dwarf -> Human -> Heal -> Nova. That kinda stuff.

Warshades are great when you're on a team. They're a little more "defender" and Peacebringers are a little more "scrapper."

I have to poop :(
    Join Date Oct 2006
    Posts 96

Just reinstalled and reupped my subscription.

It's amazing how I hated this game and went to WoW, but after quitting WoW for this, CoH really is a great game after dealing with the e-drama that WoW brings.

Just wonder what Hami Raids are like and wonder if the PvP is any good.

Ended up going Scrapper - DB/Regen

Can't decide on what build is actually good for this. I would normally just choose on my own but I don't want to gimp myself that at 50 I'm hurting trying to find a team for respec (that is if they offer one)
    Last edited by Warako; 04-18-2008 at 10:28 AM.
    Join Date Oct 2006
    Posts 96

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.30
    http://www.honourableunited.org.uk/mhd.php

Banedor Warstalker: Level 50 Mutation Scrapper
    Primary Power Set: Dual Blades
    Secondary Power Set: Regeneration
    Power Pool: Leaping
    Power Pool: Fitness
    Ancillary Pool: Weapon Mastery

Hero Profile:
    Level 1: Power Slice -- Acc(A), Acc(7), EndRdx(23), EndRdx(39), Dmg(42), Dmg(46)
    Level 1: Fast Healing -- Heal(A), Heal(25), Heal(25)
    Level 2: Ablating Strike -- Acc(A), Acc(3), DefDeb(3), DefDeb(5), Dmg(5), Dmg(7)
    Level 4: Quick Recovery -- EndMod(A), EndMod(40), EndMod(43)
    Level 6: Combat Jumping -- DefBuff(A)
    Level 8: Typhoon's Edge -- Acc(A), Acc(9), Acc(9), Dmg(11), Dmg(11), Dmg(40)
    Level 10: Nimble Slash -- Acc(A), Acc(13), Dmg(13), Dmg(37), EndRdx(42)
    Level 12: Dull Pain -- Heal(A), Heal(43), Heal(43)
    Level 14: Super Jump -- Jump(A), Jump(15), Jump(15)
    Level 16: Blinding Feint -- Acc(A), Acc(17), ToHit(17), RechRdx(40), Dmg(42), Dmg(46)
    Level 18: Vengful Slice -- Acc(A), Acc(19), EndRdx(19), EndRdx(21), Dmg(21), Dmg(23)
    Level 20: Swift -- Run(A)
    Level 22: Health -- Heal(A), Heal(37), Heal(37)
    Level 24: Resilience -- ResDam(A)
    Level 26: Sweeping Strike -- Acc(A), Acc(27), Dmg(27), Dmg(31), EndRdx(34), EndRdx(36)
    Level 28: Instant Healing -- Heal(A), Heal(29), Heal(29)
    Level 30: Stamina -- EndMod(A), EndMod(31), EndMod(31)
    Level 32: One Thousand Cuts -- Acc(A), Acc(33), RechRdx(33), RechRdx(33), Dmg(34), Dmg(34)
    Level 35: Revive -- Heal(A), Heal(36), Heal(36)
    Level 38: Moment of Glory -- RechRdx(A), RechRdx(39), EndRdx(39)
    Level 41: Caltrops -- Slow(A), Slow(45), Dmg(46)
    Level 44: Web Grenade -- Acc(A), Acc(45), Immob(45)
    Level 47: Exploding Shuriken -- Acc(A), Acc(4, Dmg(4, Dmg(4, RechRdx(50)
    Level 49: Reconstruction -- Heal(A), RechRdx(50), RechRdx(50)
    ------------
    Level 1: Brawl -- Acc(A)
    Level 1: Sprint -- Run(A)
    Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx(A)
    Level 1: Critical Hit

Code:
    |   Copy & Paste this data chunk into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build   |
    |-----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    |MHDz;2921;704;940;|
    >-KEEL&.VC`0AN](O,.^P%:QQTD<]=05K=BJ>V&K[MD%+Z!"@I*@MI*59^_8<7"(AVWO%8B!+Y/?,Y/
    QF*6NJX5JU3==-_NJ?,_>B?GL095Z4]5W+ZIN6G7XH6OS=&Y5BP[F>5VKTTG7\]GBK`YW#P>UT8U9Z:
    TN==V[/)8[7>NR-5^T.NW+K?FT;TO=-&BWN]:!@_UF7O!Z5=X]J:;5]>_Y+#']BYG4=!_6ZXYU22<ZZ
    !C""<A,]['<K#:_D.6><4Y`D*9;'+=(P!/!(I+B`O?,,+]\8E!IJ=4!?=@HA"GB@F1.*RA%R;`IP-46
    ^G6AOR-+WV`B"GP*LI`(&"O2E^2IVJ!3-I2$8@4!!0^YI$XP<5$]G%]?T4UXMS1XY6[A*.-\"B0!KC-
    AR=\)!GU9N7"?8JI;1,7GD6Y$@.HNP48/UI88J"[!*Q$3G&1!#9P6>GT^'T_6:Z@L7HF9(%E02UT=XJ
    Z+":;YM5KN6V1<C.!*KW=]\BP?]<<_;"-VB<)V0D9$$;4"DT2Q2<BC!B`(#SN`%4:X8+K5N;3)%(-Z$
    9RXW46<>I2<>)2V,P@6U,#T^P%KV"S4T?K)00_"0^*IVRQ1>7A,LBC%B$!"#3Z@X&BO\MS8@4%EGA-,
    DBQD;HL-Y+SAU&SQ,4?P$AY8(^,2030^@=,M>QM/R@<$"7$(8P<8428@QC\6F&)!S19=FANAY326]+E
    V$16VE]R1\7RH?MK=S(8MF1!,W#K_G!:X(<ZG148^):CS>#Q6]H1B/,`@E:$4Q#,9^93D44@D(8HC1F
    >`D(;U=8C&K;QU\]N:_0E._/](KCTX,65&+C8FZ*="M!B[5LKZ'Y[<C][_&[35P&/GOI\#2"1W0[.WF
    ;>IM\Q;X2WW%KR5W@[*PB_&W(<$+P'^5O"W@I<$OQ3XI9W_<*,<P*!0>)M[.Y_]`</]ZFT`
    [A]dmin a-go-go
    Join Date Dec 2002
    Posts 738

Hami Raids are fun, but are pretty short and not very hard.

PvP is pretty broken. If you plan on PvPing at all don't be a melee class. They lose in PvP.

You have a couple of "problems" with your build. The first, and probably foremost, is Reconstruction. That is one of the must haves for Regen. Take it as soon as it opens. Seriously. Healing is your only form of mitigation. You need as much of it as you can get.

I just lied. Where the fuck is Integration?! That's your mez protection. It'll keep you from being held, slept, stunned, etc. Another you should take as soon as possible. I think it also gives you some more +regen.

EDIT: A couple of other side notes. Now that Jake Emmerett (Statesman) isn't involved in the game, the dev team has become infinitely more awesome.

I don't know if you've played since Inventions came out, but it is very much in your best interest to figure out how to work the IOs. They're pretty intimidating at first, though, so don't let it freak you out. IOs have made the game way more awesome.

Since Quick Recovery is built into /Regen, the fitness power pool is largely optional. If you need to make room for other powers, I would start by cutting that out. If you want, I can fire up mid's and show you what I would do for a DB/Regen.

Join Date Oct 2006
    Posts 96

Go for it boss, currently my Scrapper is only lvl 8, this is his current build up to than if you want to take it from there and show me what you'd do.

I'm still learning DB Combo Attacks, I looked them up to see which ones does which and etc. trying to work my keybinds out so I can get the combo's off correctly once I get the powers.

Banedor Warstalker: Level 9 Mutation Scrapper

Hero Profile:
    Level 1: Power Slice -- Empty(A), Empty(7)
    Level 1: Fast Healing -- Empty(A)
    Level 2: Ablating Strike -- Empty(A), Empty(3), Empty(3), Empty(5), Empty(5), Empty(7)
    Level 4: Quick Recovery -- Empty(A)
    Level 6: Combat Jumping -- Empty(A)
    Level 8: Typhoon's Edge -- Empty(A)
    Level 10: [Empty]
    Level 12: [Empty]
    Level 14: [Empty]
    Level 16: [Empty]
    Level 18: [Empty]
    Level 20: [Empty]
    Level 22: [Empty]
    Level 24: [Empty]
    Level 26: [Empty]
    Level 28: [Empty]
    Level 30: [Empty]
    Level 32: [Empty]
    Level 35: [Empty]
    Level 38: [Empty]
    Level 41: [Empty]
    Level 44: [Empty]
    Level 47: [Empty]
    Level 49: [Empty]
    ------------
    Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
    Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
    Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)

Code:
    |   Copy & Paste this data chunk into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build   |
    |MHDz;1373;343;460;|
    >-KE4\MJPS`0O!O\#_F!%$LK/T)O(806FDL+[5DT2Q)JY"`KAX#PM]>RUKAQM_F!(N/1SNSNK&WY"6V
    ST4Z_HVU/C7D4#RI-UMK@OK&+#VU;I^LOM'YW<=KU"?[MT^KS&6V:;"ZZ7JQKO<?6O^(!#=J8\FR.:-
    $X_X+Z?#('OST=CBYNG,&V]=LZ,'[=[*^+G6X=VFN:9#XNT:^NR[JEZ%0/HJ=NPJ(GEB$I)F=S/8OZJ
    $J?W^JS[O)NJ.Z&/T8!'VIGH\`T2CYDS/1\TLNAQTPO)WT5-O&:'D]P)'!DSI$E1W)&DC.2G)'DC"1G
    )#DCX(Q`<2374V4<R<VI"HZL?I'Q!(D_SUC4Y1T]'(M?'W;6O[AQ7`IFC']"AK<!JQA5@:GD\'-$+`A
    S0D&H""4A$%:$8V=%9F*X54`M@$J!2H%:`ED!60_Y8V$U$F.'%6%)F";?21JX#0``
    [A]dmin a-go-go
    Join Date Dec 2002
    Posts 738

Didn't see your reply. I just went and did this anyway.

Level 50 Magic Scrapper
    Power Pool: Fitness
    Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Hero Profile:
    Level 1: Nimble Slash -- Acc(A), Acc(3), Acc(3), Dmg(5), Dmg(46), Dmg(46)
    Level 1: Fast Healing -- Heal(A), Heal(5), Heal(7)
    Level 2: Reconstruction -- Heal(A), Heal(7), RechRdx(9), RechRdx(9), RechRdx(11), RechRdx(11)
    Level 4: Ablating Strike -- Acc(A), Acc(13), Acc(13), Dmg(15), Dmg(50), Dmg(50)
    Level 6: Typhoon's Edge -- Acc(A), Acc(15), Acc(17), Dmg(17), Dmg(19), Dmg(19)
    Level 8: Quick Recovery -- EndMod(A), EndMod(21), EndMod(21)
    Level 10: Blinding Feint -- Acc(A), Acc(23), RechRdx(23), RechRdx(25)
    Level 12: Combat Jumping -- DefBuff(A)
    Level 14: Super Jump -- Jump(A), Jump(4, Jump(50)
    Level 16: Integration -- Heal(A), Heal(25), Heal(27)
    Level 18: Vengful Slice -- Acc(A), Acc(27), Acc(29), Dmg(29), Dmg(31), Dmg(31)
    Level 20: Dull Pain -- RechRdx(A), RechRdx(31), RechRdx(33)
    Level 22: Power Slice -- Acc(A), Acc(33), Acc(33), Dmg(34), Dmg(34), Dmg(34)
    Level 24: Swift -- Run(A)
    Level 26: Sweeping Strike -- Acc(A), Acc(36), Acc(36), Dmg(36), Dmg(37), Dmg(37)
    Level 28: Instant Healing -- RechRdx(A), RechRdx(37), RechRdx(39)
    Level 30: Health -- Heal(A), Heal(39), Heal(39)
    Level 32: One Thousand Cuts -- Acc(A), Acc(40), Acc(40), Dmg(40), Dmg(42), Dmg(42)
    Level 35: Stamina -- EndMod(A), EndMod(42), EndMod(43)
    Level 38: Moment of Glory -- RechRdx(A), RechRdx(43), RechRdx(43)
    Level 41: Conserve Power -- RechRdx(A), RechRdx(45), RechRdx(45)
    Level 44: Focused Accuracy -- EndRdx(A), EndRdx(45), EndRdx(46)
    Level 47: Revive -- RechRdx(A), RechRdx(4, RechRdx(4
    Level 49: Resilience -- ResDam(A)
    ------------
    Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
    Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
    Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)

I included the slotting I would suggest also.

Combos were the other thing I was going to mention. You get more out of having all your attacks than any other powerset does, really. Unfortunately, my only experience with DB is a 24 WP/DB Tanker, so I haven't got to play around with all of them.

But there ya go. Hope it's helpful.

Join Date Oct 2006
    Posts 96

Alright thanks, I appreciate it. Yeah my build I can pull that off, just a few powers I took earlier than you would have but I didn't botch my slot placements luckily.

Also, did you see the new thing they're doing for the next week? With Atlas Park and the Villain place being attacked 24/7?
    [A]dmin a-go-go
    Join Date Dec 2002
    Posts 738

Ah... the invasion. Didn't see that they were doing it again until you just mentioned it. They've done it before and its a lot of fun.

After I posted that build, I realized that it (like all of my builds, actually) is a bit more defense-oriented. I put off a few attacks in order to take the secondary powers. Aside from Integration, though, I'd say most of those choices could be safely moved around.

Join Date Oct 2006
    Posts 96

Is it worth looking for a team to do the taskforce starting at 15? Right now I've only been soloing and haven't found much teams, assuming because of my level.
    [A]dmin a-go-go
    Join Date Dec 2002
    Posts 738

If you're talking about the Positron Task Force (levels 10-15 for XP) then god no. It's notoriously the worst TF. Its one of the longest out there, its incredibly hard, and not really worth it for XP.

If you're talking about the Synapse Task Force, (15-20 for XP) then I'd say yeah. A really good run of it can get you all the way from 15 to 20, and even a bad run will net you a few levels.

I'd suggest running Arcs or radios until 15 and then running Synapse once or twice to hit 20.

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page: