Thread: CDBZ The Apprentice Finale

[SM] Again
    Join Date Jan 2004
    Posts 1,195

Default CDBZ The Apprentice Finale

For the past three months, we've been holding a contest in the back of CDBZ. Eighteen people competed for a chance to be on the CDBZ staff, a great honor, but also a curse. With it comes hard work, responsibility, and uh...cake?

Tonight, the winner of The Apprentice is going to be revealed.

The final four, is...

METAL KOOLA
    In the end, I think it's fairly obvious the person who will get the position is going to be the one with the best standing with the staff, and who they think could actually be a worth-while addition. You all know when push comes to shove, I have done what needed to be done.

LORD SLUG
    I am dedicated to the RPG, even when I have been sick for the past two days I get on. I know I should be in bed...drinking fluids and trying to get better but this place is more fun then my real life. The people here....they are my family...

KRILLIN
    If I had to sum up my entire perspective on this competition, and on my thoughts for staffing, it would be this: ?As a leader, I?m here to serve.? Have I fulfilled this statement to the best of my abilities? Yes sir, I believe I have.

PAN
    This RPG is really a driving force for me, as I'm sure it is for many of us. It keeps a lot of these members going, and if I can do anything to make the stay even better, I will do so.

Tonight, we are getting a new staff member. It's all up to Reijin. He is driving for opinions in staff and considering the choice today.

It's been a long game, but it all ends TONIGHT!

Want a cookie?
    [SM] Again
    Join Date Jan 2004
    Posts 1,195

This is how it went down. Koola, Kami, Raditzu, myself, 18, and Reijin all had input on the final choice. It was a 6-0 vote for first place, so the winner was quite clear.

Pan, your determination, hard work, and take-no-shit attitude is a catching ability the staff saw and liked. You got great reviews, you won plenty of tasks as TA and a follower, and made great boardroom performances. You cut through you team, stood out, and came out pretty high on top.

Lord Slug, even though you did recently show a horrible performance as a staff member and owner of DBZ: E, you put your heart and soul into Chubbs and the game itself, proving where you loyalties lie. You tend to have great humor where you need it most and that's a personality trait everyone on staff should have.

Krillin, you were most definetly the underdog of the competition, being the newest person in the game to Chubbs. However, you proved that skill is just as worthy as experience is and learned the ropes of Chubbs quick, proving yourself to be a leader, a follower, and a creative thinker.

Metal Koola, you've been here pretty much from the start. You have experience, you know Chubbs like the back of your hand, and your probably the most friendly member out of the four of you left. There is no question that when it comes to who knows Chubbs best, your at the top of the poll.

Before I continue, just remember, all four of you deserve this. But there can only be one Apprentice.

That said, I will now proceed to end this game...

Metal Koola,
    You're Fired

MK, the last thing we wanted was a staff member that could disappear. With four or five staff already on the verge of vanishing all together, we want fresh blood.

After much conversation, contemplation, and headaches among staff, we have decided that...

Pan and Lord Slug,

You're Both Fired

Which of course...means...

Krillin,

You're HIRED!

Krillin tore through the challenges, the boardrooms, the interviews, and the sagas. He showed leadership, he showed endurance, and most of all he showed a willingness to learn. Only 15, and without AIM, Krillin is certainly going to be a tremendous addition to staff.

But of course, Pan and Slug, you are not out of the spoils either.

Staff has decided to put both of you in a position of power, which is story guide. While you won't be a staff member, per se, you will be able to put your input in all staff-related ideas and matters and eventually earn the chance to join Krillin on staff.

It's been a hell of a ride!

Want a cookie?

I would like to congragulate all of you for your hard work and effort, and proving to me why CDBZ is the top rated DBZ RPG out there. I appreciate everything, and look forward to my new bitch, err, helping the new mod Krillin get cozy. I also am very excited about Pan and Slug, who I obstinately felt almost equally deserving, and thus you are welcome. However, not everyone can be a winner, and as MK and Tapion know, despite their losses, like Pan and Slug, we are sure to know where to look in the future if we are in need of assistance. Thank you so much, guys. Great job.

"I'm gonna fuck that unicorrrrrn"
    [SM]exy pew pew
    Join Date Jul 2002
    Location Canada
    Posts 652

Congradulations, and good job to all of those who participated.
    DA08 Winner. "Screw them, this was her show now."
    [SM] Again
    Join Date Jan 2004
    Posts 1,195

18: Janemba
    17: Zarbon
    16: Bra
    15: Minoshia
    14: Tien
    13: Furiza
    12: Gohan
    11: Android 20
    10: Hellfighter 17
    9: Guldo
    8: Kid Buu
    7: Android 16
    6: Garlic Jr
    5: Tapion
    4: Metal Koola
    3: Pan
    2: Lord Slug
    1: Krillin

Want a cookie?
    Perverted Old Wanker
    Join Date Nov 2001
    Posts 228

Yes! Someone lower than me!

=D

Nice to have you aboard.
    Muppet of England
    Join Date Jun 2004
    Posts 425

Holy shit, I'm at the top of a list!! ^_^

Congrat's to all that took part, I knew I wouldn't of made it far, but I entered this thing to see if I was truely cut out for staffing. guess I wasn't

But, as all of you had such fun kicking it up with this thing, it's a shame many of you had to be laid off. But I gotta say, congrat's Chris, I now have a friend on staff !! ^_^

"Things change. People change. You. Me. Every one of us... Every day of our lives. The day ya' stop changin'... is the day ya' die."

Roster

O.O

Damn straight.

Wow, that just brightened my school day. Congratulations to everyone in the Final Four, and everyone in the whole competition period.

I guess now is where the real work begins, eh?

((Btw, I turned 16 on February 10th...))
    [SM] Again
    Join Date Jan 2004
    Posts 1,195

I knew that.

>.>

Want a cookie?
    Join Date Oct 2004
    Posts 135

Originally posted by Krillin
    O.O

Damn straight.

Wow, that just brightened my school day. Congratulations to everyone in the Final Four, and everyone in the whole competition period.

I guess now is where the real work begins, eh?

((Btw, I turned 16 on February 10th...))
    I believed in your ass the whole time! Grats!
    Co[sm]onaut
    Join Date Jan 2004
    Posts 374

Stop being so bitter, Frieza.

'Grats, Krillin.
    "I wasted time and now time doth waste me."

"I just made you up to hurt myself, and it worked."
    Join Date Feb 2004
    Posts 220

Yay for teh Krillin!
    Sinners make the best Saints
    Join Date Nov 2004
    Posts 254

Go Krillen! You were a great leader, so I had thought it was gonna come down to between you and Slug. Good luck with the new position Krillen, and good luck trying to appease them "higher-ups"
    Join Date Oct 2004
    Posts 135

You know what the funny thing is? Krillin sent me a PM long ago stating that he was in this just to see how far he got...

Looks like you got pretty far bud. >.>
    Join Date Nov 2004
    Posts 254

Oh yeah... I remember that. He was saying, "I'm the biggest newb here, but I'd like to see how far I can get."

I'm drowning in irony here.
    Join Date Oct 2004
    Posts 135

Very funny. Anyway, remember Krill! You got friends down here to! Put in a good word for us. >.>
    Banned
    Join Date Nov 2004
    Posts 508

Originally posted by Furiza
    I'm always right.
    We didn't need to hold a contest, we could have just gone with my favorite to win.

"Now is where the real work begins"
    Haha. No, now is where you sit around bragging about how superior you are for winning and how you beat people who have been here a great deal longer than you thus restoring newbie confidence throughout the universe.
    I believe that has already begun, Krillen just put the period on that statement. Congrats Krillen, I applaud you.
    [A] RAMBO
    Join Date Jul 2004
    Location Earth
    Posts 385

Congrats, kid. *thumbs up*
    _=Pass you by, it's all in this life you have
    Pass you by, good-bye to you
    =_